UNITE Dallas 7/7 Counseling Program
• FREE counseling for people who have been traumatically affected by having been near El Centro College on the night of July 7, 2016 when several law enforcement officers were shot and killed during the Black Families Matter march.
• Participants may include law enforcement officers, law enforcement families,
Black Lives Matter walkers, downtown Dallas residents, El Centro College students, and El Centro College Faculty.
• Participants may receive 4-6 free sessions with a therapist who is experienced in working with victims of trauma (number of sessions to be decided between participant and therapist).
• Participants must complete an in-person intake before being given the opportunity to select 1 of 3 possible therapists for their treatment (the intake will take place at Mental Health America of Greater Dallas, 624 N. Good-Latimer, Suite 200, Dallas, Texas 75204).
• Trauma counseling will begin immediately.
• Participant information will be kept private according to HIPAA Guidelines.
• Child therapists are available for children who may need trauma therapy.
A joint project of Mental Health America of Greater Dallas and the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
For additional information, please call 214.871.2420, ext. 107
Other Resources: www.nmha.org
1-800-969-NMHA National Mental Health Association