How do I apply for open positions?
To begin your career search at Concord Church, candidates must submit a resume to be considered for any open positions. Resumes may be submitted online, via fax or mail.
Am I required to be a member at Concord Church?
We believe that church membership is vitally important for every Christian. Non-Concord Church members are not prohibited from seeking employment or accepting employment with Concord Church, it is our desire that all employees are willing to become members at Concord Church. However, some positions do require Concord Church membership. This is dependent upon the scope and nature of the position. Please note that all positions requiring Concord Church membership are clearly noted.
How long will my resume remain on file?
All resumes are kept on file for six months and reviewed for future positions.
Is Concord Church hiring?
Yes. We hire motivated Christians who are interested in launching a career in ministry. Specific job openings, requirements, shifts and start dates may vary by position.
Where do I apply online?
Please Employment Opportunities (should link to that page) to find the position that most interests you. Then, click the job title to learn more and apply.
How much time does it take to fill out the application?
Allow yourself time to complete our job application as it could take up to 20 minutes. A complete application with full work experience and education is required. To cut down on the amount of time, you can submit your resume by attaching it to the online application.
What are the qualifications needed to work at Concord Church?
All applicants shall possess and/or actively pursuing these 7 Core Values as a Staff Member of Concord Church:
- Dedication to Personal Growth – Will be intentional about personal development as a man/woman, believer, and a staff member. Ephesians 5:15-21
- Dedication to H.I.T. (Honesty, Integrity and Truthfulness) – Able to confront self and others by being truthful with a spirit of Love. Ephesians 4:14-32
- Effective Communication – Will communicate using the THINK methodology (is True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary and Kind). Psalm 15
- Servant’s Heart – Will possess compassion for others and a kind spirit. Philippians 2:3-16
- Team Spirit – Will support the team by having a strong work ethic, being responsive to deadlines exhibiting professionalism at all times, actively working to resolve any conflicts that arise, and being flexible whenever necessary. Galatians 6:1-7
- Loyalty – Committed to God’s will, The Senior Pastor’s vision, the church’s mission, following leadership and supporting the entire team. 1 Peter 2:13-25
- Work hard, Play hard – Will carry out job responsibilities with passion and complete the tasks necessary to accomplish the church’s mission and vision. Proverbs 17:22
We are also looking for individuals who can subscribe to our beliefs as Concord Church members. Click here for more information
I applied for a job, but have not yet heard back from HR. What should I do?
The recruitment timeframe can vary for each position. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive, it’s difficult to follow up with each applicant personally. Here are a couple of helpful hints to assist you through your employment search:
**# To ensure that your skills are a match, we highly encourage you to carefully review the requirements for each position prior to applying.
**# We use email as our primary and initial source of communication with potential candidates. So, please check your email often once you’ve submitted your resume or application. If you still have questions, please email us.
How do I set up an interview?
Once you've applied for a position, your information will be reviewed. If your knowledge, skills and abilities match what we are looking for, you will be contacted via email or phone.
If I’m selected for an interview, what would happen next?
Candidates are initially scheduled for a pre-screening interview by phone, which lasts 30 minutes. Depending on the pre-screen, the candidate would be forwarded to the interview team for the second round of interviewing, which is in person.
Will there be pre-employment testing?
While we don’t use assessments as a selection tool, we do use two assessments to share with us your strengths and spiritual gifts-- StrengthsFinder 2.0 for all staff positions and UniquelyYou for all pastoral and ministerial positions.
Does Concord Church conduct background checks as part of the hiring process?
Yes, Concord Church conducts background checks of applicants who've accepted employment or internship offers. During the routine background investigation, we will obtain information employment history, educational background, as permitted, as well as other information about your personal character. If you have specific concerns regarding your background and would like further information, please call or email Human Resources at HR@ConcordDallas.org.